All cities and towns that will receive American Rescue Plan (ARP) funds from the state of Minnesota must complete the local government ARP funding request form to receive funds. This form is for all non-entitlement units of local government (neus) as defined by the u.s. treasury.
Request Local Government Arp Funds
For more information on the local government ARP fund request process, including a step-by-step walkthrough of the Local Government ARP Funding Request Form and how you need to prepare, please join MMB staff for a webinar hosted by the League of Minnesota Cities.
Requesting Local Fiscal Recovery Funds
DUNS and SAM Registration
MAT Presentation Walking Through DUNS and SAM Registration
How Do I Know If I’m An NEU?
Non-entitlement units of local government include ALL cities and towns in Minnesota EXCEPT for these 21 large cities: Apple Valley, Blaine, Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, Burnsville, Coon Rapids, Duluth, Eagan, Eden Prairie, Edina, Lakeville, Mankato, Maple Grove, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, Moorhead, Plymouth, Rochester, St. Cloud, Saint Paul, and Woodbury.
Access a list of NEUs and guidance from U.S. Treasury online.
What Do I Need To Complete The Request Form?
- Local government name and mailing address
- SWIFT supplier ID
- Access a list of local government SWIFT supplier IDs
- Access instructions on updating your SWIFT supplier profile
- For questions about your SWIFT ID, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- DUNS number
- For questions about your DUNS number, visit dnb.com/govtduns
- Authorized representative name, title, phone, and email
- This can be an elected official or staff member
- Contact person name, title, phone, and email
- This should be a different person than your authorized representative
- Total annual budget for Calendar Year 2020 (pre-pandemic) as of January 27, 2020
- If your local government submitted a Calendar Year 2020 (pre-pandemic) budget to the Office of the State Auditor due in January 2020, please use the submitted amount of your annual total operating budget, including general fund and other funds.
- If your local government formally adopted a budget for Calendar Year 2020 (pre-pandemic), but did not submit it to the Office of the State Auditor, please use the amount of your annual total operating budget, including general fund and other funds, as of January 27, 2020.
- If your local government did not adopt a formal Calendar Year 2020 budget, please include the total local government annual expenditures for Calendar Year 2019 (pre-pandemic) as of January 27, 2020
Please have this information ready when you begin the request form. You will not be able to amend your answers once you have submitted the form.
Where Do I Go With Other Questions About The Application Process?
For other questions, including how to complete the request form in a different format, contact the COVID-19 Response Accountability Office via email at CRAOffice.MMB@state.mn.us.