Submit resume and cover letter via email to Lori Stalker at firstname.lastname@example.org
or via US mail to Minnesota Association of Townships, Manager of Agency Operations Position, P.O. Box 267, St. Michael, MN 55376.
No telephone calls please.
Application period will remain open until position is filled. Once a conditional offer of employment has been extended, applicants will be required to undergo a background check.
Position Title: Manager of MAT Agency Operations
Reports To: The President of the MATIT Board of Trustees
Job Overview: The Manager of MAT Agency Operations works at the MAT Office in St Michael, MN and provides overall management, oversight, and strategic direction for the Minnesota Association of Townships Agency in accordance with the MATIT contract with MAT. The person serves as an active, contributing member of the MAT Agency management team. Success in the position ensures that the MAT Agency is financially stable and operates effectively and efficiently providing excellent customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Evaluates, plans, and develops recommendations for the MATIT Board of Trustees for changes in MATIT programs, and for new or expanded services and programs to meet changing township needs.
• Maintains effective two-way communications with townships on all aspects of MATIT programs and activities, and on townships’ risk management needs and developments.
•• Develops and presents Township Officer training and presentations to township officers.
•• Write articles on quarterly basis for the Minnesota Township Insider.
•• Update MATIT Website as needed.
• Plans and coordinates agenda and meetings for the MATIT Board of Trustees.
• Directs, monitors, and reports on the performance of MATIT’s contract service providers –auditors, actuaries, vendors, and reinsurers.
• Works closely with MATIT General Counsel whenever a claim is filed with MATIT.
• Participate in the hiring process with the Executive Director, when hiring new Agency staff members
•• Review Agency staff job descriptions with the Executive Director on a periodic basis.
•• Train new agency staff and provide existing staff with additional training opportunities.
• Supervise Agency staff ensuring that the highest level of professionalism is maintained.
•• Provide yearly evaluations of all Agency staff
• Responsible for all reports and recommendations of the MATIT Board of Trustees on rates, coverage, contracts, procedures, service providers, and all other aspects of MATIT programs and activities.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating MATIT policy coverage documents annually.
• Responsible for all long-and short-range plans for effective and feasible responses and solutions to township risk-management needs.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of plans to accomplish goals set by the MATIT Board of Trustees.
• Responsible for the development of the budget and monitoring the financial condition of MATIT to assure continued solvency and financial viability and provide reports to the MATIT Board of Trustees.
Manager of MAT Agency Operations
• Responsible for the placement of the various excess policies for MATIT and standard insurance coverages (Errors & Omissions, Directors & Officers, Employed Attorneys,Workers Compensation, Showstoppers, Business Owners Policy) for MAT.
• Keeps the MATIT Board of Trustees and the MAT Board apprised of the status of MATIT programs, and of developments that may affect MATIT or township risk management needs.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the MATIT Board of Trustees.
• B.A. in business administration, risk management, public administration, or a related field and preferably six years, but no less than four years of progressively responsible experience in the insurance industry or local government trusts.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of municipal risk management, insurance, and self insurance pooling.
• Experience working with township government.
• Holds required and appropriate insurance agent's license.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision and direction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with all types of people.
• Computer proficient with Microsoft Office programs and insurance database programs.
• Strong fiduciary principles; ethical (background check required).
• Possession of a valid state driver's license.
Manager of MAT Agency Operations may be expected to lift boxes of paper, AV equipment bags related to transport of training materials and event equipment. Position involves significant travel throughout the State of Minnesota at times.
Salary Range: $70,000 to $85,000