Minnesota CTAP—the mobile arm of Minnesota LTAP—is undergoing a facelift after the recent retirement of our longtime trainer, Kathy Schaefer. The program is being retooled and enhanced to better serve local agencies by expanding on-site training options across the state.
During this transition, CTAP training is not available for scheduling. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we hope you'll take advantage of our improved on-site training opportunities when they launch in 2023!
In the meantime, the following resources and trainings are available to help your agency prepare
· A recording of our popular CTAP Snow and Ice Control Material Application workshop is available to view at any time. This workshop covers various anti-icing and deicing chemicals, including how they work, optimal application rates, costs, and storage issues.
· The FHWA is offering a monthly Road Weather Spotlight Series. The next webinar, Road Weather Maintenance and Operational Challenges: Spotlighting Adaptive Route Optimizations, is Wednesday, October 12.
· The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency’s Smart Salting training is available for individuals and organizations.
· MnDOT’s Salt Solutions Program has several resources and tools for local agencies.
· Check out our Snow & Ice Control resource page for more resources, including the newly updated Minnesota Snow and Ice Control: Field Handbook for Snowplow Operators (PDF).
Get your agency's equipment ready for winter with these sander calibration resources:
APWA offers several fall certificate programs each year. There's still time to sign up for the 2022 sessions of the Winter Maintenance Operator Certificate (register by October 27) and the Liquids in Winter Maintenance Operations Workshop (register by November 9).
All certificate programs are being delivered virtually, but in-person sessions will be included at the APWA Snow Conference next spring.
TC3's winter maintenance training series includes the following seven courses: