Feel free to contact Sen. Klobuchar's staff with questions.
Chuck Ackman, Senior Regional Outreach Director for US Senator Amy Klobuchar
firstname.lastname@example.org Cell; 612-508-1314
Rachel Loeffler-Kemp in NE MN, for US Senator Amy Klobuchar, Rachel_LoefflerKemp@klobuchar.senate.gov
Ben Lien in the Moorhead office, for US Senator Amy Klobuchar, Ben_Lien@klobuchar.senate.gov
The Senate Appropriations Committee will be accepting requests from senators for congressionally directed spending (CDS) items for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2024 appropriations process.
Starting today, the Office of Senator Klobuchar has opened the application period for Minnesota-based projects for FY 2024.
To submit an application:
- Please go to the Senator’s Congressionally Directed Spending webpage to access the application portal.
- The application deadline is Friday, March 10, 5:00 p.m. CT.
- Please see the guidance document that provides a list of eligible accounts. Please note, this list of eligible accounts is subject to change pending instructions for the Fiscal Year 2024 appropriations process. If there are any changes to the accounts for FY 2024, and you already submitted your request, a member of Senator Klobuchar’s staff will reach out to you.
A few things to note:
- Fiscal Year 2023 requests do not carry over to Fiscal Year 2024. Projects submitted for consideration in Fiscal Year 2023 will need to be resubmitted for Fiscal Year 2024. In addition, Senate rules require all congressional offices to disclose and provide a description of all congressionally directed spending items that are requested.
- Submission of a request does not guarantee the award of federal funding. The requesting entity must comply with any request presented to them by the Government Accountability Office or any other federal entity performing an audit, investigation, or oversight function. Any funding award associated with this request does not guarantee support or funding in future fiscal years
CDS FY24 Guidance.pdf
Congressionally Directed Spending Request Questionnaire.pdf